Jr. Software Engineer
As a Jr. Software Engineer, you will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a collaborative team setting supporting the R&D department as well as the manufacturing department. Key priorities include assist with all functions of software coding and design. There is a potential of travel, 10% of the time and requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time office position, located on the Space Coast in Melbourne, Florida. Work schedule is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with flexible hours available.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Adapt and/or transpose software from vendors and customers in languages such as C, C++ and Python
• Manage deployment, configuration and operation of software in Windows desktop and Linux server, embedded and containerized environments
• Must be legally able to work in the United States
• Valid drivers license
• Skilled in Linux command line interface (CLI) usage fundamentals
• Linux systems administration and networking expertise
• Familiar with embedded system interfaces such as GPIO, I2C, SPI, UART, etc.
• Software build experience across operating systems and CPU architectures, including managing build system environments and continuous integration/delivery tools
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite