As a Sr. Accountant, you will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a collaborative team setting supporting the accounting and financial department. Key priorities include bookkeeping, budget tracking across different projects, creating and driving of Standard Operating Procedures. Perform general accounting functions and analyze financial transactions across multiple entities and systems. Compliance with corporate policies, legal
requirements, and tax regulations. There is a potential of travel, 10% of the time and requires the ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time office position, located on the Space Coast in Melbourne, Florida. Work schedule is typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with flexible hours available.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the production of monthly P&L statements.
• Track projects and their related profitability throughout the project lifecycle
• Prepare monthly schedules for financial report packages
• Responsible for regular accounting entries.
• Develop complex spreadsheet models to analyze and deliver business insights
• Prepare operational reports, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitment and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice
• Plan and execute the annual operating plan including monthly and interim forecasting and variance analysis
• Present reports and analysis to drive business profitability and process excellence
• Must be legally able to work in the United States
• Valid drivers license
• BS degree in Accounting
• 2-5 years of experience in an accounting or finance discipline
• Large CPA firm experience
• Knowledge of Government Accounting Standards
• Manufacturing and inventory experience a plus
• Experience with accounting software packages
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite